Create a Theme for the
Year - Worksheet
Having a theme for the year is helpful because
it provides a focus.
What we focus on expands!
To create a theme, ask yourself the following
- What would I like to focus on this year
- Why is this important to me?
- How does this fit with my values?
- How does this theme support my mission, vision and purpose?
- How will I be different at the end of the year by choosing
Now that you know why this theme is important
and how it supports you in creating what you want, it's time
to think of a catchy sentence that captures the essence of the
theme. It needs to be something that is easy to remember and
- 2009 - The year of creativity
- 2009 - The year of financial freedom forevermore
- 2009 - The year of health and wellbeing
- 2009 - The year to find work that I love
You get the notion. Say in one sentence what you
will focus on this year. This doesn't mean that this will be
the only thing you will accomplish this year, but this is the
big rock. Get this in and the other things are more likely to
What is your theme?
Now that you have your theme and have articulated
it in a sentence, make a poster of it. This could be as easy
as writing your theme on a piece of paper. After you have it
written down, post it where you will see it often. Also, write
it in your calendar or diary, put it on your computer screen
saver, whatever you need to do so that you will see it often
and be reminded of your focus.
Happy New You!
Coach Rachelle Disbennett-Lee, PhD provides daily motivation,
information and inspiration to thousands of busy self development
enthusiast who want to stay focused and on track to their goals
through her award winning e-zine 365 Days of Coaching. For a
free report, "The Power of Daily Action - How to create
more Wealth, Health and Happiness by Tapping Into the Power
of Daily Action" go to http://www.365daysofcoaching.com/daily_action.htm.
2003 True Direction, Inc.